Labels

Friday, December 10, 2010

Crock Pot Beef Sandwiches With Au Jus

I had a serious craving for a serious messy, beefy sandwich. So when hubby and I went grocery shopping, I picked up a boneless chuck roast.
 It was about 2 1/2 pounds. Lets just say, this satisfied my serious beef craving! It was so tender and flavorful, just what I was looking for, and more! It was so easy to make! Just put in in your Crock pot and leave it alone for 8 hours, (I didn't because I'm impatient). Hubby enjoyed it too, he had of course had beef sandwiches, but had never dipped them in a Jus, he loved it! Our roast made 4 sandwiches last night, and 2 for Hubby's lunch today, and there is still a pot left in the fridge.This is perfect for the cold rainy days, its a great, warm comfort food, and very easy to make!

Ingredients:

1: 2-3 pound boneless beef chuck roast.

1-2 cans beef broth of beef consomme

1 can or 3/4 bottle dark beer (I used the last bottle of pumpkin beer that had been sitting in the back of the fridge)

Water

1 shallot onion, cut in large slices

2-3 cloves of garlic cut in half or smashed once with the
flat side of a knife.

1 bay leaf

1-2 teaspoons of rosemary, sage, and thyme each.

salt and pepper to taste.

Butter (softened) for spreading on bread.

French rolls or steak rolls (I used Oroweat)

Cheese slices, any kind. (I used colby, because it's what I had)

Rinse off the roast with water and pat dry, place in

crock pot, add spices, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper, broth/consomme and beer, fill broth/consomme can with water twice and add to roast (You'll want to cover the roast about 1/2 an inch).

Cover with lid and cook on low 6-8 hour setting
and leave it be. (I turned every 2 hours, but you don't have to if you have better things to do, I didn't.)

After at least 8 hours, remove and discard the bay leaf, take a fork and tongs, or two forks, whatever you want, and shred the meat.
After the meat is shredded, let it sit in the broth for a bit to take in more flavor, while that's happening,
heat up a pan or griddle, get your steak rolls out, and
spread them with the butter, and brown them.

Using tongs, take as much meat as you want and slather
it on the rolls, we're goin for more meat then bread here,
the bread is just a vessel to take the meat to your mouth.
take your cheese and place it on the meat, it will melt
on the meat, or you can stick it under the broiler for a
couple of minutes, be sure to watch it carefully if you
do that.

Pour some Jus into small condiment/serving cups,
serve sandwiches along with any side you want,
(I was going for the meat and potatoes effect)
dip your beautiful sandwich in the beautiful Jus,
and bite into heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment