Labels

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Banana Berry Muffins.

I know I was supposed to make something pumpkin, but I had these berries in the fridge just begging to be made into delicious muffins, so I gave in, and I was not disappointed. These muffins were so good, I had one and a half last night, and two this morning. Thank goodness, they're somewhat healthy, I added wheat flour to the mix, and of course the fruit. These muffins had a very fruity tasty, and I could taste the banana too. I made enough for Hubby to take to work which was about 24, but you can certainly halve the ingredients to make a dozen. These go really good with a hot cup of coffee, and of course slathered with butter, so enjoy!






Makes 24-28 Muffins.


Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup  buttermilk
1 cup blueberries
1 cup blackberries
1 cup bananas




Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease or line 24 muffin wells with muffin liners.
Combine flour, sugar, salt cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 2 cup measuring cup or medium bowl. Add the oil, egg, vanilla and buttermilk. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries, bananas and blackberries. Pour into lined muffin cups; fill to the top.

Bake 17-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment